It's been a long time since I've been shopping at Nichols. For those of you who are new around here, I previously lived in Ada and absolutely LOVED shopping at Nichols. Our family moved away for about 19 months, but we are thankful to be back in Ada. So, today was the first time I had been back in Nichols since we returned. And it was exciting!
I will be posting weekly Nichols Matchups once again so make sure to check them out!
So here's what I bought:
(1) Fiora 12 rolls Bath Tissue, on sale for $4.99--used $.55/1 from newspaper = $3.89
(1) Bounty Basic 6 Big Rolls = 8 Reg Rolls, Nichols price $6.59, price matched to Dollar General for $4.95--used a $1/1 HERE = $2.95!
(1) Bounty Soft and Absorbent 6 Big Rolls = 8 Reg Rolls, Nichols price $8.99, price matched to Dollar General for $4.95--used a $1/1 HERE = $2.95
(1) Charmin Ultra Strong, on sale for $4.99--used $1/1 HERE = $2.99
(2) General Mills Cereal (Trix and Honey Nut), on sale for $2.00--used $1/2 HERE = $1.00 each
(1) Crest Pro Health, on sale for $1.99 (reg. price is $4.39)--used $2/1 from newspaper = FREE
(1) Old Spice Deodorant, on sale for $2.29--used $1/1 from newspaper = $.29
(2) Pillsbury Biscuits, on sale for $1.00 each--used $.30/2 from newspaper = $.70 each
(2) Hefty Storage Bags, on sale for $1.66--used $1/2 HERE = $.66 each
(3) Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner, on sale for $3.00--used $5/3 from newspaper = $1.33 each
(1) Pantene 3 Minute Deep Conditioner, on sale for $3.00--used $1/1 from newspaper = $1.00
(1) 3 lb bag of onions, $.99 (good price)
And, since I'm a nerd...here's the breakdown for you:
Total amount BEFORE price matching, coupons and sale prices = $66.64
Total amount after sale prices and price matching = $46.47
Total amount AFTER all sale prices, price matching AND coupons = $23.77 (with tax--$27.41)
That's a savings of $42.87!
So, as you can see, it is very important when couponing to pair your coupons with a sale price! I have people ask me often why I make sure and buy the items with a coupon while they are on sale. As you can clearly see from the totals above, the sale prices and price matching alone saved me over $20! Then when I added on the coupons it saved me $23 more! To maximize savings, you always wait for the item to go on sale and then pair a coupon with it!